Sunday, March 6, 2011

Conquer "Camouflage"

Pin It
Mastering the Art of "Camouflage":
The Tummy Pooch

We all have moments, days, eras, et cetera, where we wish to hide our tummy pooch. Keeping in mind that we are ALWAYS our hardest critic, here are a few ideas to help "camouflage" the dreaded belly! 

*A Voluminous Top!*

 
 When I'm feeling pudgy, I almost always resort to the biggest top I can find... which isn't usually to choice to make. When I'm not feeling super sexy (and portly) the idea is not to reinforce your "feeling fat" thought by drowning yourself in your sorrows with a gigantic top. Here I've chosen a purple voluminous top that has two vital style "uppers": (1) the top is cinched at the bottom giving you shape, and (2) the ruffles down the center are a slimming touch. 
These styled tops not only cover your unwanted pooch but do so in an ego enhancing, attractive top!

*Even if you're feeling "large", dare to wear tight jeans and show off those God-given curves! Your top will "camouflage" the unwanted and still make you feel like the sexy you that you are!*

*Waist-Cinched Dresses!*
 
#1
On this day I chose a very high-waisted dress with incredibly important vertical stripes! Aside from being one of my favorite finds at a Parisian Flea Market, this dress does wonders in the art of camo! The high-waisted cinch gives the dress its full flow in the bottom half of the bright & bold design and, ultimately, complete tummy coverage. The sexy factor of this dress would be all the shoulder being shown, in a classy way of course!
I topped off this creation with my adored nude pumps and large multi-colored circular hoops.

*When you're experiencing a pudgy/bloated day, it's crucial to take a few extra steps to be sure and feel sexy. Remember that being "pudgy" is almost totally mental!*
 #2

This dress, in contrast, has a more traditional waist line. The cinch of this dress rests right at the end of the ribcage and directly above the pooch. Below the cinch are a few simple pleats that fully "camouflage" your stomach in all of it's bloated glory!
In totality, the dress is quite literally skin tight, which is blatantly sexy. To tone down the dress for work, I chose to rock my boots with the fur, black glasses, simple black studs, and a black & purple Peace sign necklace. 
(p.s. I totally bought this at Kmart! Explore your options!)

*Finding a cut of dress that compliments your body style is pivotal. For those who are like me, heavy "bottomed" and light "topped", don't fear a tight dress with the right cut. You've got to flaunt that shape! (And hide the bad in the process of looking fab!)*

*A Deceivingly Decorated Tunic!*

As I have expressed in earlier posts, my endless uses of leggings will never cease to amaze me. The wonderful stretchy nature of leggings is perfect for "fat" days since it can contour to your... girth.
But enough about the leggings, the reason I've chosen this creation to showcase is because of the ruffling of this tunic. The longest ruffle sits exactly over top of my pooch. I sassed up this creation with some fun green & bronze jewelry, flat camel boots, and my gold glasses. 

*Though I purchased this tunic in a wholesale shop in London, tunics like this one are extremely popular in stores like Forever 21 (by far my favorite store). Go shopping just for your "gut garb". Find a few pieces that make you feel sexy in a comfortable and concealed manner!*

The bottom line, regardless, is that you are absolutely beautiful just the way you are... and you should always feel and show that!
 Photobucket
  


 

 

1 comments:

Alex said...

What a great idea for a post! I tend to use this trick often :)

Connect With Me

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

About Me

Grab My Button

Photobucket

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Reese Family

Blog Design By

Photobucket