Monday, March 21, 2011

Functional Fashion!

Pin It
They're Fun. They're Functional. They're Fashionable.
They're.... Rain Boots!

No matter where you are in this world (with the exception of the Sahara), you're bound to experience rain. Therefore, I highly suggest investing in a funky pair of rain boots that scream... YOU!  Why not have a fab pair of feet-shielding, fashion-forward puppy huggers!

My adored boots were a gift from my Daddy... a girl's best friend! So a BIG Thank you to my Daddy for giving me my favorite functional fashion piece!!!

 
*Contrasting Colors*

As seen here, my favored rain boots are a smorgasbord of colors... certainly being what sold Daddy and me on these bad boys! 
With this creation I chose a tangerine colored DG2 tunic, chocolate Rhonda Shear leggings, a bronze center belt (compliments of the thrift store), and a tribal-esque (*Noelleism) beaded necklace. The tangerine tunic distracts a good bit away from my rain boots... if that's even possible! As you'll see in the other two creations following, this creation focus more attention on my top instead of my rain booties.

*I know I always say it but honestly.... Never fear bold and contrasting colors! Wear you... and Rock it!


 *Business on top: Party on bottom*
(Yes that was a nod to the famed mullet!)

Here I chose a taupe dress, cream "sweater" tights, a long strand of miss-matched beads, and my boots... in ALL of their glory! As seen in an early post about a week of my work garb, this creation is extremely dull (color wise) on top with my rain boots as the full attention grabber. With the exception of my multi-colored coat that I shed as soon as I arrived at work, my boots spiced up this rather hum drum outfit!

*Buy a pair of rain booties that are super versatile. Even if there is a 10% chance of rain... WEAR THEM! 



*Color Coordinated*

Instead of choosing loud contrasting colors, like in my first creation, here I went for a focus on the blues: from the long ruffle-sleeved tunic to the multi-stranded necklace to the blue trim of my entire rain boots. To mildly separate the blues, I chose my gray leggings... my go to for subtlety! 

(Yes, I purposely took the photo standing in the puddle to prove my functionality point! Thanks Michelle for always taking my crazy pics!)

*If you're still second guessing buying a pair of these rain booties, the bottom line is that (even if you wear them once a year) on a rainy day when your girls are complaining of not wearing a pair of super cute shoes because of the weather, you'll be able to rock your rain boots and have warm, dry feet!!!!

Photobucket


 

2 comments:

Alex said...

You are the reason why I bought my fun rain boots. Yet again...another fabulous entry! Love keeping up with your blog :)

Unknown said...

WOW, you look really good when you've got your Wellingtons on, I love them and I wear mine whenever I can.
Kisses
Welly

Connect With Me

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

About Me

Grab My Button

Photobucket

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Reese Family

Blog Design By

Photobucket