Thursday, May 26, 2011

Summer-Ssentials!

Pin It
Staples for Summer:
Minis & Wedges!

Here in Florida the weather is HOT just like my favorite Summer-ssentials! As I was browsing my closet and purchasing staples for my upcoming vaca (eep!!!), I realized that there was a reoccuring trend amongst my must-haves... Mini skirts & wedges. Here are just a few ways these summer-ssentials prove to be creation-makers!


Three Fun Finds!

Each of these looks showcase my love affair with minis & wedges! These three creations have more than just minis & wedges in common... Solids & statement necklaces.
#1: A jean mini (talk about versatile!) paired with a white top with lace sleeves hold the base of this creation. By adding my white Jessica Simpson wedges and a fabulous RJ Graziano necklace this creation went from simple to sassy & summery!
#2: For a night of summer dancing with my sweetie, I chose this creation of a khaki fitted mini, a voluminous gray top, and some funky gunmetal accents. I topped off the look with my nude Steve Madden wedges!
#3: A flirty purple lace mini plus my pearl v-neck top with a jeweled purple choker and my white JS wedges to boot gave me a fun little dinner outfit with the family!

*All of these minis can be interchanged with different tops to create all new looks! Remember the importance of solid T's & tanks this season!



Mini x 2 (Part 1!)

As I have expressed in past blogs, olive is an incredibly versatile color and I was detemined to find an olive piece perfect for summer... and I did! After endless searching, I finally found this one-of-a-kind ruffled olive mini on a super cool website called ModCloth.com (thank you Linds!).
These two creations exhibit a bold creation versus a subtler creation, both equally as fantastic!

*Experiment with accent jewelry. Like I did here, try one look with big earrings and a statement bracelet or with a chunky necklace, simple studs, and a fabulous ring! Your creations become infinite with simply changing up your accessories!

Mini x 2 (Part 2!)

This mini is my personal favorite. Inspired by Haley (from this season's American Idol), I was drawn to the mini for its color (totally neutral and endlessly useful) and its cut (short, sweet and sexy). Just as I have expressed in the two sections preceeding this one, these creations include all the summer-ssentials and key points!
#1: A plain black tank, THE mini, nude SM wedges, and a seriously loud flower necklace!
*Night Life Love*
#2: A plain white T, THE mini, white JS wedges, and fun drop earrings!
*Day into Night Fabulous*

*Invest in wedges & minis to amp up your summer wardrobe!*
Photobucket

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

another great blog...guess i need to invest in some wedges :-) p.s. thanks for the shout-out...glad you love Modcloth...the dresses are so adorable on there, obsessed! love you

Brittany Campion said...

I finally have 3 whole pairs of wedges haha! Also I notice that you showcased the black skirt I was present for when you purchased! Such things always make me smile! :) Love the title of this blog!

Connect With Me

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

About Me

Grab My Button

Photobucket

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Reese Family

Blog Design By

Photobucket