Sunday, November 20, 2011

Marvelous Mary Janes!

Pin It
Classic Couture:
Mary Jane Shoes!

The Mary Jane shoe style is not only classic couture, but it is trans-seasonal, multi-generational, & truthfully timeless. From character shoes to MJ stilletos, this design is one much like that of houndstooth... it will NEVER go out of style.

Therefore one MUST invest in a pair... or two.. of these beauties. I have recently just purchased a new pair of MJs... and they're SPARKLY BLACK. I feel as if my Spice Girl side has finally become classily accepted.. and it feels fantastic.

 *MJ's w/Pants*
  
In this creation I went for a casual cute combo. Starting with my black wash jeggings, I added a funky print knit top with open shoulders & lace sleeves (truly a party in itself!), gunmetal & pearl earrings & bracelets and topped off with my sparkly MJs. 

*Never forget how sexy a little skin here and there can be... Opting for a top with a higher neckline but with some shoulder & collar bone action is equally as sexy (maybe even a little more) as a plunging neckline. MJs only class-up the whole creation!*

*MJs w/a Mini*
Can you tell I love sparkles? It's creations like this that help me tap into my inner child and, as I previously stated, proudly rock my adored Spice Girl spirit. With diamonds on my mind (I mean it IS the holidays...), I began with my black & silver tutu/mini and paired it with a "vintage" black with diamonds top. I consider this "vintage" since it has authentic shoulder pads from the 90s... have I ever mentioned how much I love my Ma's hand-me-downs? Regardless, I iced the creation with simple diamond studs, my favored "N" necklace, & appropriately suited MJs to boot.

*Never fear your sparkly side. If you're going to play up your clothes with jazz, play down your make-up for a happy balance!*

*MJs w/Red Carpet*

When attending an event where the best of the best dressed will be present, it's crucial to call attention to yourself in the most discreet ways possible. By choosing a subtly stand-out mini (an oxymoron, I know) and killer shoes, you've won your battle without having fought it! This F21 mini was a whopping $25. 
Fabulousness is affordable! 

*Never forget how MJs can "classify" quite nearly any creation... with the exception of, maybe, giant jean overalls... I can't knock it until I try it! Explore your options!*
The BEST part of these Marvelous Mary Janes? They can be YOURS for $45 at DSW... Did I mention that these are STEVE MADDEN? 
I promise you these are worth every penny... and when you're wearing them still 3 years from now, you'll be thanking me.
Photobucket

0 comments:

Connect With Me

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

About Me

Grab My Button

Photobucket

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Reese Family

Blog Design By

Photobucket