Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Floral Fancy

Pin It
Fantastic, Flattering, Feminine:
FLORAL!
Floral, as a print, is a trend much like that of Hounds-tooth... forever fabulous & constantly revisiting the "Hot Now" list of fashion. Your mother, your grandmother, your daughter, your daughter's best friend, your mother's best friend, (have I made a point here?) etc. all fancy them some floral print. I find myself having a field day each season floral is used in high quantities... seeking out pieces that will certainly be appropriate for more than just this summer! You no longer have to worry about your granny's massive floral moo-moo tainting your opinion of this print!!!

Flouncy & Flirty Floral 

My eyes were attracted to this flouncy mini dress due to the over-sized print of the floral itself. I loved the boldness of the colors as well as the super softness of the cotton. Though you can't see here (I'm not Gumby), the back of the mini is somewhat open with two large bows across the open section of which, as if I wasn't already, sold me on the dress. In this creation, for work, I chose to pair the mini with white leggings (in the spirit of summer), my black specs, simple diamond studs, my diamond initial necklace & fab red pumps. Due note the side of these pumps have bows like the back of the dress!!!

*Remove the leggings and you've got a sassy & sexy little mini for a date with your hunny bunny! Be daring and show off those God given legs!

Fancy & Femme Floral 
  
What's more feminine than pink & purple flowers?! This gorgeous Chi by Falchi cardi, a snag from HSN, epitomizes fancy & femme floral. As I have raved in the past about my love of cardis & their endless versatility, it's about time I added a floral one to my collection and I advise you to do the same! Here I use the Chi cardi by making it the focal point of the creation. Under the cardi is a plain white tank paired with a black high-waisted skirt, my diamond studs, black specs & finished off with my gray peep-toe heels.   


*Aside from the many uses of cardis, like this beauty, alas I have discovered the endless uses of gray heels. I encourage you to start using gray as a neutral shade, just like here. Especially in summer, it's a fun way to summerize your creation by eliminating some black & adding some jazzy gray!


Fabulous & Fearless Floral

By far the sexiest of all these floral finds, this wrap-like mini easily illustrates how sensual floral print can be! This mini quickly became my favorite purchase from H&M in NYC (still waiting on one in FL!). 
#1: Wanting to balance the amount of skin I had showing, I wore the mini with a purple tank & a white linen shrug. Accessorizing with vintage style drop earrings, matching ring & white wedges, this created a look that said, "I'm a woman on a mission... and I'm looking goooood doing it."
#2: For a night out with my man, the mini helps to glorify the feminine figure with the aid of a tight sage green halter, nude wedges & fabulous R.J. Graziano drop earrings. Here I was going for a, "take me out & show me off" creation! I think it worked!

*Revisit some of your minis & evaluate how you could balance your display of skin to be able to wear your favorite sexy piece in places other than the club. A wrap-like mini, like this one, gives leeway to a partial mini which can definitely come in handy for making your mini more versatile!
Photobucket
 

0 comments:

Connect With Me

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

About Me

Grab My Button

Photobucket

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Reese Family

Blog Design By

Photobucket